Monday 13 April 2015

Presentation Reflection

I have never done a presentation without at least holding some form of a script in my hands. Being able to give a presentation for 7 minutes without a script seemed challenging at first. However, after having done the presentation, i feel that presenting without a script actually helped me in trying to bring my point across. Without feeling "bounded" or "constricted" by a script, i was able to express myself easily. I felt that i could have improved in certain areas such as making the powerpoint slides a little more comprehensive and neat so that my audiences can follow up easily. I also should have practiced more in order not to forget my concluding point.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joycelyn,

    I am one of Brad's followers who came across interested in your presentation reflection. Please do not mind my unsolicited advice.

    What had you meant by feeling bounded or constricted by a script? You need to substantiate this in a manner that will attract your readers. Make us appreciate in awe at your definition that only you can describe and nobody else.

    Also, why can't I be bounded and constricted by a script and still express myself easily. I would be thinking that way if you do not tell me how the converse works.

    Your presentation reflection could have ended up with so much more success, I believe, if you had given us all these fine details, or concreteness.

    And what about 'a little more comprehensive and neat' ; tell us what you did wrong during the presentation in a way only you know how, and what you could have done to correct it.

    At the end of the day, Joycelyn, you need to show us some character in your writing, because this is after all a blog. You can rest assure that within the limits of local internet propriety, you have all the freedom in the world at the very least, to do more creative work than what you have done above, making it perhaps more intense emotionally. The options are limitless!

    Regards

    ReplyDelete